I know it's a day late, but Merry Christmas everyone!! I hope everyone had a great holiday with memorable times with family and friends and perhaps even snagged some cool games along the way. Our oldest is 2 now and it was great to really see her enjoy Christmas morning along with starting to say more real words. That in of itself is plenty of gifts for me. On the food front we enjoyed some epic smoked prime rib and have tons left for future use.
We also decided to buy a decent DSLR camera earlier this year and to skip gifts for each other so I have no real gaming news to report. Though as I've written in the 3DS SwapNote app, I'll probably treat myself to some eShop titles. (also have $200 in amazon for me and the kids, but may save that for a retail game in 2012) It's been a little slow going in looking at my options so here are some thoughts. Feel free to let me know if you have any suggestions and what your gaming Christmas consisted of!
Top of the List:
- Super Mario Land 2: 6 Golden Coins
- VVVVVV (12/29 release)
- Zen Pinball (maybe a January release in the US)
- Kirby: The original looked incredibly clear for a game of that era and the 3D remake certainly was vivid. Though from a few reviews this may not be the best use of my money as I don't have any nostalgic attachment to the series.
- Blaster Master Enemy Below
- Tetris: Come on, it's a classic. I played the original GB so much as probably everyone did being packed-in.
- Bionic Commando: More nostalgia here, though I wish it was the NES version.
- Adventure Island
Club Nintendo Coins:
I was going to have an entirely separate post for this, though the idea of spending coins on downloadable games is cool. (albeit painfully overdue) Super Mario Kart, Fluidity, Xevious 3D and Mario vs Donkey Kong are the current four titles for 100-150 coins. I'm going to skip the dollar vs coin math for now and just land on the fact of getting something for our purchases.
I'm a bit undecided on Xevious and MvsD with the overall feel that Fluidity is the best buy in this group. Am thinking I may wait until the next group of games appear.
I do keep my eye on a number of retail games for both 3DS and Wii, though have no plans to jump on anything in the immediate future. Zelda 3D OOT, MK7 and Super Mario 3D Land is a good bit for now.