Pages

Monday, May 23, 2011

This first post mess

It's probably about time I get this first post out of the way considering I created the blog several months ago and left it incomplete. (ha! get it?)  I've thought about creating a gaming blog for some time now and primarily opted out due to time constraints.  Lately I've been browsing some blogs and thought it was about time I started to throw down some thoughts.


Long ago, before all the cool systems existed, I started gaming with an Atari 2600 and Intellivision.  (can't recall which was first)  At some point in the early 80's I received an Intellivision II followed by a NES, TurboGrafx16 and Gameboy.  Naturally I had access to a number of other consoles via friends such as the Genesis, SNES, Famicom, Dreamcast, PS2 and XBox/360.  Gaming in one form or another has always been a hobby that I've been getting back into over the last year.

Despite the last few lines being console-heavy, PC gaming has been more of a focus since the late 90's.  I've logged countless hours on Starcraft from day 1, Duke Nukem 3D (remember Kali?), Half-Life,  Counterstrike, Team Fortress Classic, HL2, Quake series and countless others.  It wasn't until late 2008 that I got back into the console world via a Wii and have been re-discovering some classics I forgot about.

So what is this 'incomplete gaming' blog supposed to be about and what am I going to post?  Directly related to the title it's about putting some consistent effort into actually completing games.  Despite completing games way back when (selective memory could be clouding my judgement) I have a bad habit of purchasing, but never completing games.  Did I complete the Starcraft campaign or did I fall off the map somewhere in the Protoss chapter and get lost in Battle.NET?  I honestly I can't remember at this point.

I also plan on posting mini reviews on some current and retro (wii VC) games along with various gaming thoughts.  While I try to keep the gaming budget under control, there is a large backlog to complete so i should be set for awhile.

Ok, so we're off to the races and I'll try to keep up with some semi-regular posting.

No comments:

Post a Comment